Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Read 25877 times)
Helen
Lead

Liverpool, England
Re: Mason Chronicles Week 203
Reply #15 - 01/15/08 at 15:43:17

Anybody want to guess what song I was listening to on repeat in my car today?  Roll Eyes

Those who know me know I hate everything about Julia and HWSRN being together but I still absolutely love the Mason scene by the fireplace and I always have. There's just something about the imagery of the scene, that song and Lane's portrayal of Mason's pain that simply can't fail to move you!

As for Bunny whilst he may think Sonny is the better guy to have around at the moment, fortunately for us Mason fans he will soon realise how mistaken he was in his initial judgment! Wink

IP Logged

Sue.
Lead

Lane's short stint as
Moe in a 3 Stooges revival

Somewhere over the rainbow
Reply #16 - 01/15/08 at 16:32:36

Just got home.  Took another 5 minute 37 second look.

Nope.

Nothing.

Just an intense desire to get to the summer of 89 so we can start all over again.
Smiley

You never really know someone until you're playing Uno and the mothercrappity smacker hits you with a draw four.

Risking our hearts is why we're alive.  The last thing you want, is to look back on your life and wonder if only.

IP Logged

tkfaf
Chorus

How do I love Lane, let
me count thee ways.
Orlando, Fl
Reply #17 - 01/15/08 at 17:13:05

Although I can't ever remember liking Him Who Shall Not Be Named and Julia one little bit, I do remember feeling so bad for Mason.  I was all of 17 or so at the time and I just wanted to kick Sonny to the curb and pull poor little Mason into my protective embrace.......of course I wouldn't mind doing that now either.......the difference is that now, my motives wouldn't be quite so altruistic.......... Grin

Mason: Would you rather I make a spectacle of myself in private? I thought part of the point of making a spectacle was to have people around to enjoy it.
IP Logged

LisaLynne
Understudy

Yes Lane...I'll be right
over!
Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 01/15/08 at 22:13:55

T wrote on 01/15/08 at 10:03:04:
LisaLynne wrote on 01/15/08 at 09:27:09:
We need t-shirts.  "Mason Angst Ho Forever"

This scene of him angsty was noice.  /sighs happily

I think I need to dabble a little with cafe press. Wink

Yessssssssssssssssss

IP Logged

T
Global Moderator

bah!

Reply #19 - 01/15/08 at 22:23:39

LisaLynne wrote on 01/15/08 at 22:13:55:
T wrote on 01/15/08 at 10:03:04:
LisaLynne wrote on 01/15/08 at 09:27:09:
We need t-shirts.  "Mason Angst Ho Forever"

This scene of him angsty was noice.  /sighs happily

I think I need to dabble a little with cafe press. Wink

Yessssssssssssssssss

I'll try to get to it this weekend...among another 40 things on my list. Wink

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret-- or life is yours to miss.
No other road
No other way
No day but today
WWW MortalCoil78  
IP Logged

Sue.
Lead

Lane's short stint as

Reply #20 - 01/16/08 at 04:32:18

41.  Roll Eyes

Now *that* was what I call a scene!  Whoa!

We have Sonny pretending to be Mason pretending to be Sonny....or was it really Mason pretending to be Mason pretending to be Sonny, and to top it off is Gina admitting that when she was canoodling Sonny, in her mind she was pretending he was Mason.  That's definitely something to make the head hurt at 4am.

Does anyone realize that for months now, Masononny has been 90% in the custody of either a conniving bitch/amusing sidekick, or a screaming shrew/poor pitiful pearl?  The other 10% has been divided between CC, Bunny, Michael, Augusta, and assorted odds and ends.  No sister Eden going thru a rather unusual pregnancy, no sister Kelly - who happens to be divorcing his brother Jeffrey, no brother Jeffrey, no Sophia, no Ted (who is usually only trotted out for family disasters anyway), no ex-wife (who if I remember is going thru a rather troubling time herself with the Chip/Cruz custody.)  For months, the character has been a ping pong ball trapped in hormone hell....damned on one hand if he does, and on the other if he doesn't.

I think Lane should sue for damages.

You never really know someone until you're playing Uno and the mothercrappity smacker hits you with a draw four.

Risking our hearts is why we're alive.  The last thing you want, is to look back on your life and wonder if only.

IP Logged

Ro
Lead

Middleton Manigault "The
Rocket"

Reply #21 - 01/16/08 at 06:01:26

Oh what a delicously wonder and wicked clip! Smiley

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion.

"Hunting is not a sport.  In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game."

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.

IP Logged

LisaLynne
Understudy

Yes Lane...I'll be right
over!
Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 01/16/08 at 09:20:38

Remind me never to watch a clip like that this early in the morning.  I am royally confused as hell.  At first I was pissed at Mason for sleeping with Gina like that...then it's Sonny getting revenge....or it's Mason fooling Gina...or....AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH

This is enough to drive me to drinking.  But hey!  I got to see Lane in a robe again!   Wink

IP Logged

Infamous TrishDr
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 01/16/08 at 09:24:07

Mason/Sonny, Sonny/Mason, Sonny get his 3rd gold star for outing Gina!!!... Smiley Smiley Sonny rock's... KissTrishDr

IP Logged

Sue.
Lead

Lane's short stint as

Reply #24 - 01/16/08 at 09:33:25

LisaLynne wrote on 01/16/08 at 09:20:38:
Remind me never to watch a clip like that this early in the morning.  I am royally confused as hell.  At first I was pissed at Mason for sleeping with Gina like that...then it's Sonny getting revenge....or it's Mason fooling Gina...or....AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH

This is enough to drive me to drinking.  But hey!  I got to see Lane in a robe again!   Wink

New game....every time Mason confuses us or pisses us off, we take a shot.  We'll never be sober!

IP Logged

Shan
Lead

Florida
Reply #25 - 01/16/08 at 12:33:02

WTF? I'm confused enough as it is. I need to buy a vowel.

"Would I rather be loved or feared?Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."- Michael Scott

IP Logged

JennieLea
Understudy

Lane is cool...

Reply #26 - 01/16/08 at 13:06:07

OK here's what I think- Mason went to Julia's, Mason saw the Unspeakable, Mason comes back to Gina's and freaks out(and I drool and swoon). I think Mason retreats and Sonny takes over, but in some ways, I think SONNY is also pissed about the Horror Mason saw, bc, imo, Sonny had feelings for Julia, he just resisted them bc he knew Julia made Mason stronger. So, Sonny is not all that happy either. Sonny makes Gina think he is Mason, and Gina is dumb and falls for it. I think it is Sonny from that point on, but his motives for being hateful to Gina are a little murky- but that is where I stand. Sonny does have moments of not feeling all that great about things(as does Mason), they are just fewer and farther between, bc Sonny tries to keep it simple.

IP Logged

T
Global Moderator

bah!

Reply #27 - 01/16/08 at 13:10:13

JennieLea wrote on 01/16/08 at 13:06:07:
his motives for being hateful to Gina are a little murky

I ended yesterday's where I did because I figured it would help "frame" the stuff...Sonny showed up at the end of yesterday...remember the conversation in the mirror?  Mason in that point was telling Sonny that he [Sonny] repulses everyone even Gina.  That's hard for Sonny to swallow so he needs to "test" Gina.  When Gina fails the test Sonny gets mean.

It's like Sonny said...he can handle Julia thinking about Mason when she's with Sonny because Julia thinks he is Mason...but he has a severe problem with Gina thinking of Mason when she's with Sonny because Gina knows there's a difference.

At least that's how I saw it playing out...

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret-- or life is yours to miss.
No other road
No other way
No day but today
WWW MortalCoil78  
IP Logged

Helen
Lead

Liverpool, England
Reply #28 - 01/16/08 at 14:17:00

I saw the thing playing out the exact same way T did. In addition to the conversation between Mason and Sonny in the mirror there's been other signs of developing friction between Sonny and Gina e.g. Sonny refusing to tell Gina where he's hidden the medical files and it's clear at this point in the story that Sonny felt like he needed to test Gina to see where he ranks with Gina as compared to Keith and Mason.

IP Logged

Sue.
Lead

Lane's short stint as

Reply #29 - 01/16/08 at 14:39:00

Helen wrote on 01/16/08 at 14:17:00:
I saw the thing playing out the exact same way T did. In addition to the conversation between Mason and Sonny in the mirror there's been other signs of developing friction between Sonny and Gina e.g. Sonny refusing to tell Gina where he's hidden the medical files and it's clear at this point in the story that Sonny felt like he needed to test Gina to see where he ranks with Gina as compared to Keith and Mason.

Mason's subconcious coming through, while still remaining Sonny?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print